Lena Dunham | Can I Get an AMEN!

30 Sept 2014

I'm just going to say it. Lena Dunham knows what the hell she's talking about. 

Rarely do I pay two cents to the advice spewing from peers and/or people of my own age for the single fact that #1: I can make up my own damn mind, and #2: I'm healthy enough to figure it out on my own— but Lena struck a cord with me. Maybe it's her to-the-point attitude. I don't know.

I am not huge on free publicity, but I felt compelled to share these clips from the #AskLena series she did while recently promoting her new book, Not That Kind of Girl.

Honestly, I came across the links while scouring YouTube.com for "cute animal videos," but I'm glad that my curiosity led me to check them out because I have to tell you, I was pleasantly surprised!

I understand, if not totally agree, with most of what Lena touches on, and I think a lot of you will too. It was refreshing to have someone share such basic principles in a very kind, understanding and light-hearted way. I feel like Lena uses logic in a lot of her thought processes, and that is a quality I appreciate so, sooo much in close friends and family (and myself.) 

I've have linked to the entire series below, so if you have the time, check out her Q/A. Each video is only like two minutes, so maybe, just maybeeee, in thirty minutes time you could end up feeling inspired LIKE ME! 

I hope you enjoy the videos. Let me know what you think! xx


4 comments

  1. I have been hearing so much about her new book lately! Love these clips....funny but true!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She seems like a pretty interesting person from those videos! Thanks for telling me about the post :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in LOVE with Lena! Just about to purchase her book!

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.