A lunch date in Aix-en-Provence (+ Provence vineyard tours)

27 May 2015


It didn't take long to figure out what all the fuss was about.





Aix-en-Provence is one of those perfectly imperfect French communes that oozes European charm from every angle.







J and I only had a short amount of time here, just enough to grab some pizza at a local joint and wander around the small city center, but I am grateful for this brief encounter.

Aix left an impression on me.






Our lunch date was a courtesy of our Provence Wine Tour experience—our guide had to pick four other grandmas passengers in Aix, otherwise I don't think we would have made the side trip.






On our tour, we visited two vineyards where we sampled many wines from the region of Provence. First, Chateau Vignelaure in Rians, and then Château la Dorgonne in Luberon; both unique in their own ways.









The tour itself was a bit 'slow' for my taste, but relaxing and enjoyable nonetheless. Being my first EVER vineyard experience, I think my expectations were pretty high. I don't have anything to compare to, but I would have preferred a livelier event...

Regardless, my J and I got to spend some quality time exploring different areas of Provence, drinking wine (IN THE SUN!!) in the South of France, so all in all, it was totally worth it!

12 comments

  1. you've done such a wonderful job of capturing the beauty and warmth of the region -- looks like i'm going to have to plan a trip to provence in the near future!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pictures are beautiful and Aix looks so pretty. I was so gutted when we were around that area a couple of years ago but we didn't get to stop by for long enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marina @ Garlands in Paris27 May 2015 at 20:17

    Lovely pictures! I lived in Aix for a year during college, and you've captured it so beautifully. And good call on the wine tour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos are beautiful. I love going on vineyard tours!

    Silly Medley: Lifestyle and Travel

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty, wineries are my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pictures you took look devine and I wish I would have been able to come along. i've never been to a wine field myself, but it does look like a fun experience. Thank you so much for sharing this with us ♥
    http://letscoba.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Aix! Such a beautiful, beautiful city! :) Have you been to Avignon? It's one of the other major cities in the Provence and very lovely as well, but a bit more up-beat and artsy than Aix - I think you would love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love visiting different wineries, H and I try and do it in each country we visit, well the countries that have vineyards at least!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fancy! The pictures are stunning! And you are not wrong, I also had too way high expectations for wine tours, I practically didn't know what to expect, after a couple of them they all look the same but then again there is wine in all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the photos!!! Now I want to go drink some wine ASAP

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wine....my life blood :) Wonderful photos and you two just look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The sepia tones of these photos make the architecture stand out. Nice work! Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.