Week Forty | The Fourth of July

7 Jul 2014

Since I went into a five day hibernation after the Carpenters left, I was determined this week to just GET OUT! Walk. Get some fresh air. Do something! So on Monday I did some meandering around Oxford Street and got some grocery shopping done before the storm came through towards the end of the day.

Tuesday, all of my American girlfriends and their British husbands (and James) got together to watch the USA vs. Belgium game. What an amazing performance from Tim Howard! We put up a great effort and I think everyone (I guess just the girls and James) left that game feeling very proud to be American.

Wednesday was a pretty full day for me! For lunch, I met a new friend for lunch at Vivo on Upper Street in Islington. I always love meeting new expat friends and talking about our shared experience. Rebecca was really sweet and I am looking forward to spending more time with her!

After lunch, I went down to Highbury Fields to reunite with my good buddy, Sir Oliver. I hadn't seen him for a whole three weeks because he was in Holland while his parents were getting married and snuggling with him was exactly what I needed to perk up a bit!

Wednesday night, I met up with Ali for Mamma Mia. After James and I booked our tickets to Santorini, I knew I had to see it (again) before we left.

Friday was the 4th of July. It was absolutely beautiful out, so I was really excited that James was able to leave work a couple of hours early and soak up some sun with me. I was already scheduled to walk Oliver that day, so we decided to make a picnic out of it. It was so nice to leisurely layout and just relax with James during daylight—it got me really excited for Santorini!


Saturday, James and I went to the Urban Food Festival with Kristen, Adam, Ali and Paul. I had my first go at a Venezuelan arepa which was daaaaaa BOMB! I definitely recommend trying one if you can. Our next task at hand is getting a reservation at a new Venezuelan restaurant in London... Can't Wait!

Sunday rolled around and both James and I just relaxed and started packing for Santorini since we are flying out early Tuesday morning... Other than that, it's been a pretty normal and low key week. see ya!

3 comments

  1. That double coned ice cream looks amazing! Happy late 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delicious looking ice cream!

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.