Team Starnes Takes Scotland

22 Oct 2014

By now many of you have heard that we have decided not to return Stateside after our year in London. Instead, we are continuing our stay in the United Kingdom, and we're heading up north.

That's right people, we're moving to Scotland!

I've held off bringing this up on the blog because we are still figuring out all the details, but since so many of you already know, I figured I might as well just make it public.

James has decided to transition into a new sector within his company, and since that sector has tons of business in the North Sea, that is where we will be making our new home. The duration will depend on the success of the business and James' development, but it's likely that we will be in the Scotland for a few years.
As a family we are anxious and nervous, but mostly excited about the move. Life as we know it will be different, but we've done this once before, and we will surely do it again. This move will be made easier due to the fact that we have family and friends in the area to help us get acclimated—I'm talking about you, Robertses and Duerrs!! Having already moved abroad without any support system, we know the slightest bit of familiarity is crucial to feeling comfortable in a new city.
I am comforted by the fact that London—and all my friends—are just a short flight away, and I am confident that I won't miss a beat.

Our time in London has changed us as individuals, and as a couple, and it will forever hold a special place in my heart as the place that James and I solidified our roles as a husband and wife team. I will always be grateful for the time we've been able to share together figuring out this crazy roller-coaster that we call our life, and I now know London is just the beginning of that ride.
Scotland will be a new adventure. There will surely be some kinks along the way, but learning to navigate those kinks is something that we've been working on for the past 14 months. Things will definitely be different from London, and there will certainly be a learning curve along the way (ie: driving on the other side of the road...???), but like I've said before— The Adventure Has Just Begun.

We love you London, but let's go ahead and cheers to Scotland. xx

33 comments

  1. Thank you. thank you! We will be in Aberdeen, so think: Dunnottar Castle :) I would love for you to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are excited! Scotland is going to be totally new. Have you guys figured out your plans yet? We should try to meet if y'all are leaving...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scotland is going to be such an exciting new adventure for you two! Can't wait to follow along and see more pictures of Scotland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks you! I've done such a terrible job of seeing England as a whole, I want to make a huge effort to see ALL of Scotland. I'm stepping up my game!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh I still have no idea....at the latest we will be in England until July!! And then we aren't too sure what's next! But yes, it would be so fun to meet up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scotland is an amazing country! Very beautiful but with a really vibrant city life! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So I came over here to stalk your blog for pics of Angel and London and found this exciting news instead?! Congrats! Moving to Scotland was another thing I considered when trying to decide if I could stay in London... in the end, neither worked out for right now, but I'd love to get back there someday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely writing a love letter to Angel when we leave, so you can check that out when I post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is so exciting! I had a friend do a tour in Aberdeen (I creeped on Margo's comment ;) ) a couple years back and they loved it! cheers to Scotland and your adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these photos! If you haven't read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, you definitely should since you're moving to Scotland! It really made me want to visit there!


    -Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Annie, you stalker, you! We are excited. I was initially nervous about leaving London, but now I am really anxious to get up there and get settled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will look into it! Thanks for the recommendation! Hope you're doing well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Scotland is so beautiful you will have a wonderful time. Life is for living and making the most of the moments and you won't know if you like something until you give it a go. Wishing you lots of luck Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  14. yayyy! Can't wait to hear more about it. And the pics are gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my gosh, I LOVE Scotland--I'm so so so jealous that you get to move there. Can't wait to read more about your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So exciting! Really...SO EXCITING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hooray! This is such exciting news - more adventures and exploring to come! I hope that the move goes smoothly and that you fall in love with Scotland as soon as you arrive! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very exciting! Irn bru, whiskey, neeps & tatties all round to celebrate I hope!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for your sweet message! It's going to be a good change of pace for us!

    ReplyDelete
  20. yeaaaahhhhhh girrrrrrrrrr! Can't wait to see pics from your wedding!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I know. Me too. That will be the last piece to the puzzle if we can get there in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really want to make most of this move, so hopefully that means LOTS of new explorations! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so exciting!!! Can't wait to read and see posts from you about Scotland – good luck Team Starnes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow! How exciting! When will the move happen? x

    ReplyDelete
  25. ...Yeah, I know I'm really late on this, but congratulations--I have yet to visit Scotland, but it seems so lovely!!...

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.