Christmas in London

21 Nov 2014





















Christmas in London is a very special time. I know, I know—ALLLL my American friends are thinking, "But it's not even Thanksgiving yet!"

Realistically, Christmas starts creeping in aboutttt mid-October, and then once Halloween is over, BAM!! It's a full-blown Santa's workshop here, complete with adverts, decorations, music—you name it!

I'm super sad that I won't be around much longer to marinate in all it's glory, but my stroll down Regent Street earlier this week helped get me into the holiday spirit and out of my funk... Well, not completely... I'm still stressed about our upcoming move, but at least the decorations lightened my mood and got me excited for the holidays to come!

Christmas has many different meanings to many different people, but for me, it's all about spending time with loved ones. And that is what I will be doing this holiday season.

So, thank you London, for bringing back that warm and gooey feeling of childhood anticipation and excitement and for slowing me down and reminding me that no matter what craziness is going on, there is always something to look forward to.

And I am looking forward to the holidays.

15 comments

  1. I LOVE Christmas in London. I went there last year at that time and enjoyed every second of it. So festive! I love your pictures. I can almost hear the sound of the traffic and the noise of the crowds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful! Christmas lights make everything look magical!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think London is my 'spirit animal' in city form - the Christmas madness really speaks to my heart!! So glad I got to see it in all its cheery glory, and so happy to see these lovely pictures this morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE London at Christmas!!! Heading there in less than 2 weeks and can't wait to visit markets, ice skate, and view the lights! Such great photos xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. London looks amazing for Christmas. I'm thinking about having a layover at Christmas next year in London. It just looks so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely! London looks like one of those places were it would be great to spend a Christmas time. The way you wrote about leaving London reminded me a lot about how I felt about leaving Prague (moved 2 hrs away right after the holiday season) but there will be so much good to come of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! The traffic on Regent Street was insane, but totally worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excitedddd for youuuu! Sad I won't be here when you visit :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. We move tomorrow! AHHHH! So glad London is still so close!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know :( Where exactly are you moving in Scotland?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow looks beautiful (the cars are so cute as well).
    Wish I could enjoy London some day. Hope you had a lovely trip :)

    xox Ingrid of Style Prosciutto
    www.styleprosciutto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. It really really was. Christmas in London is SUPER special! We lived there for 15 months and it was a dream. I hope you get to visit one day! xx

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.