Abbey Road | Team Cigary Takes London

20 Jun 2014


When our friends Erika and Jesse mentioned they wanted to visit Abbey Road, I knew it was something I was going to be a part of. It's been on my bucket list, but it was just a little bit out of the way for me, so it was perfect timing for me to get around to it.


Just a little bit of background: I am a HUGE Beatles fan.  I've always loved the Beatles' music and their lyrics have always resonated with meI even walked down the aisle to "Here Comes the Sun" at my wedding. Yeah, like I said, BIG fan. 

Call me an old soul, but they don't make music today like they did back in the 60's and 70's. I feel like the music back then just had more power, more meaning, more soul, hell maybe just more LSD, I don't know. But what I do know, is that something is seriouslyyyy lacking in today's music. Aside from Florence and the Machine, I have a hard time getting "moved" by bands, singers or songs of my generation. If I'm being completely transparent, I'm actually a HUGE fan of my parents' generation of music in general, but I'll save that for another blog post...

Maybe we just need to up the LSD usage and we will start to produce more quality music... any takers?













5 comments

  1. This is awesome! I'm dying to visit...and what are the odds I'm wearing a Beatles t-shirt right now, haha!

    -Ash
    www.thenashvillianblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The odds are... BECAUSE THEY ARE AMAZING!

      Delete
  2. How awesome, this one is definitely in my Bucket List!! Oh and i'm a huge Beatles fan myself! We walked into our wedding reception to "All You Need is Love" ^_^

    www.inspirationsparks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come to London and I will personally show you myself! :)

      Delete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.