Snippets from Valentine's Weekend in Edinburgh

4 Mar 2015






























James and I drove down to Edinburgh for the weekend to "celebrate" Valentine's Day (not really, but everyone else was celebrating around us, so whatever) and to attend the Scotland v. Wales Six Nations Rugby Match. It was a low-key two days—we just walked around the city and drank and ate until our hearts and our bellies were full. Overall, a very relaxing and calm holiday and one we intend on making quite often!

I know, I know. I've fallen off the blog-wagon again. 

SHOCKER!

I'll try to do better, but I just haven't had the desire to engage recently. I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things with my blog and my blogger friends because I feel so out of the loop! It's likely I will always struggle with keeping this blog up-to-date, I just can't decide how much time and energy I want to put into it, and recently it has been pretty obvious that I can live without it... I don't want to let this online diary die because I actually love the end result and the community that comes along with it, but the writing and the curating has just been daunting as of late. You'll probably be seeing more photo-dumps rather than educated blogposts. eh, we'll see!

Soooo, above are my snippets from our first visit to Edinburgh. I am fiddling around with a different editing style, but I like the way that they came out! Life has been pretty good recently; I've been keeping myself busy in Aberdeen. No update on the house—still browsing. I think focusing on decorating the house is partially to blame as to why I have drawn away from the blog and blog world... Too much time and effort being put into thattt and none leftover for other social or creative works. Funny enough, tomorrow is my 28th birthday and I don't even know how that creeped up on me! 

Travel plans? 

James and I are heading to Chamonix for a six-day ski holiday and after that I am heading down to London and Paris to meet up with new friends and old friends. It is going to be a travel-filled month for moi! I CAN NOT wait to get back down to London. I just know that it will be the breath of fresh air that I need.

I can't believe that we are already into March. This. year. is. FLYING. by! Though I am not complaining, I would rather it be flying by then dragging on. Plus, it means warmer weather is on the horizon!

9 comments

  1. 1. LOVE the editing style (I'm going to corner you for tips in a few weeks..)
    2. yay, Paris!!
    3. no judgement here on the blog bandwagon. i'll always be around!


    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend. I know how you feel, sometimes this blogging business can get so overwhelming. My 28th birthday is next week but I don't have nearly as exciting plans as you. Enjoy London and Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are incredible!! I love every single one of them :)
    Melanie @ meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors/mood of your photos - very cool editing style! These are beautiful pictures - I definitely support photo-dumps in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see your face again!! I love Edinburgh and I spy the Whiski Rooms! My fave :) I hope you girls have the best time in Paris! And in Chamonix (sigh) Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This photos are amazing! Even if it wasn't your intention this seems like a wonderful (& romantic) Valentine's Day!

    Silly Medley: Lifestyle and Travel

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, gorgeous pictures!! Scotland is one of my top to-visit destinations! :)

    www.findingeloquence.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am really hoping I get to see Edinburgh while we're in London! It looks so beautiful in your pictures and all the others I've seen. We will be heading to Scotland in three weeks, but we'll be further north on the Isle of Skye, so no chance this trip of making it to the city.


    By the way, I know exactly what you mean about blogging. I struggle to find the time to keep up with it, too. Twice a week posting has just become too much work. I'm trying to figure out now how much of myself I still want to give to this hobby. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What beautiful pictures, even on a typically Scottish grey day! Edinburgh is my home town and you really captured its beauty perfectly! I hope you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.