Insane views from the Aiguille du Midi 3842m

7 Apr 2015






































The views from the Aiguille du Midi were breathtaking. Both figuratively and literally. At 3842m (approx. 12,500 ft), you get insane panoramic views of the Italian, Swiss and French Alps, an up-close and personal visit with the Alps tallest mountain, Mont Blanc and a bird-eye view of Chamonix valley.

I've never been one to say that I have a fear of heights—it's never really been my thing—but I definitely struggled/had a mini panic attack stepping out onto the exposed platform of the Aiguille du Midi. It was just sooooo open! After taking a few deep breaths, I pulled it together and I ended up really enjoying myself up there. I think it just took my body a little bit of time to get used to the altitude, but I was definitely holding on to the railing tighter than I normally would!

14 comments

  1. Oh yeah, these views are definitely insane!! You make me want to visit the Alps again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. like... seriously? I can't even begin. These shots made me fall out of my chair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey...this pictures are stunning!! I got lucky while we were there and it was white out conditions at the top so we couldn't go...I would have been so nervous!! Loving living it through this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! These pictures make me have a soft spot for winter, and that is generally not the way I tend to lean!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl! OH MY GOODNESS, are these photos stunning or what?! Makes me upset that I never took a skiing trip this winter! Maybe together next year?! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful! I think I would have a panic attack as well going up on the exposed platform, I am such a chicken when it comes to heights!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had great weather while we were there and it was actually hot on the slopes... One day I took out my fleece-liner, my gloves, my scarf and skied with the bare minimum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I typically don't react that way about heights, but this was on another level!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, it was ridic, but I am so glad we did it!

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.