25 Fun Facts You Don't Know About Me

9 Oct 2014

Photo taken by Alejandra Hering.

#1:  As a baby, I started walking at six months old.
#2:  My favorite bands/singers are FleetwoodMac, Florence and the Machine and Billy Joel.
#3:  I was a competitive cheerleader all four years of High School.
#4:  ANDDDD, I honestly believe that if it came down to a life and death situation, I could still stick a standing back-tuck.
#5:  Three things I miss from the States: Madewell, Chickfila, and MOST OF ALL, cheap, white Mexican Queso dip.
#6:  Aside from Madewell, my favorite clothing line is the Hatch Collection. yes, it's maternity.
#7:  In a different life I was a Broadway superstar.
#8:  I feel most comfortable wearing a hat. Think: security blanket, meets spy, meets incognito.
#9:  Right now, I am obsessed with eating Pho.
#10:  I have never cried more hysterically than the time I watched Eat, Pray, Love for the first time.
#11:  My favorite cocktail is a GG dirty martini with THREE blue-cheese stuffed olives. (three is key!)
#12:  When we first moved to London, I participated in a flashmob.
#13:  Our dog, Sir Winston, weighs 240 lbs.
#14:  Technically, I'm not actually a 'Starnes' since I have yet to change my name.
#15:  My favorite British saying is, “I can not be bothered.”
#16:  I lost my first tooth by biting my older sister on the butt.
#17:  The only time I ever participated in the Black Friday madness was with my boyfriend's (now husband's) parents and I had a panic attack, started crying and we all had to leave. Needless to say, it was my first and last Black Friday experience.
#18:  My mom's family are direct descendants to the first and last kings of Ireland; so naturally I used to tell people in my elementary school to bow to me because I was an Irish princess. 
#19:  My nickname growing up was 'Mountain Goat' because I was always climbing all over everything.
#20:  I can quote sing EVERY. SINGLE. LINE from Wicked and Rent.
#21:  My legs itch when I run. I consider myself allergic, so I don't do it. EVER.
#22:  Going to the movies by myself is one of my favorite things to do.
#23:  I would rather be swimming in the ocean than laying out on the beach.
#24:  I have never broken a bone, but with that being said, I've had plenty of stitches on my face and head.
and...
#25:  Funyunsaremyfavoritechips! That's it. I said it. Can't take it back now!

Well, this was a fun exercise, and I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a bit better. Feel free to chime in and I let the world know your quirks and what makes you, you!

Happy Thursday everyone! xx

28 comments

  1. So we have pretty much identical taste in music and chickfila is the place in America that I talk about most. Unfortunately, Sam has yet to experience it so he doesn't know the glory of a chicken biscuit for breakfast... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or dare I even say, Bojangles? Gahhh, it's so painful! Where are you in London? I believe drinks are in order! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Four words: THE. TIME. TRAVELER'S. WIFE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGGGGGGGGGGGG! Where were you when I was writing this??! god, I totally forgot about that. Why am I such an emotional cutter??

    ReplyDelete
  5. but, let's be honest. sometimes, after a few too many GG dirty martinis with THREE stuffed olives, you still mention that people should bow to you..

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...Hey--there's no need to be ashamed of the Funyun love, all right???...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this. What a great list! I'm so intrigued that you go to the cinema by yourself. I've never done that, but thinking about it, I feel like I'd enjoy it. It's odd that I see it as a social think when actually you're sitting in the dark, not talking for 2 hours! Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. #16 though. Only you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg YASS chick fil a! :) where's your favorite pho? i have the hardest time finding good pho whenever i travel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree! We are in SE London, what about you all? x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha, I love #18. And I know every line from Wicked and Rent too - but I only sing if I'm alone :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Some of these are too funny!
    I love funyons, they used to be my favorite too! & I also miss Chick Fil A.. it was one of the last things I ate in the states before coming to Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hah love this! 6 months and walking, damn girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. During the day + comfy clothes + snacks + entertainment = perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's a chain of 'Pho' restaurants in London that I love. There's a link in my post! They are super easy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Chick-fil-a is the first thing I am getting when I go back! I NEED IT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know, I feel like there is going to be some type of "payback" in my future...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm debating whether chick fil a or buffalo wild wings/wingstop

    ReplyDelete
  19. Alex, your facts are hilarious!

    1. I love visiting home because my mom cooks the best home-made Phở – visit her if you're ever in San Francisco ;)

    2. Love that British saying, also the more x-rated "Can not be fucked" :)
    3. Facts 16 & 17 made me spit my breakfast out

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha this is a fun read!! Same on #20 and 21... :) And it's so hard to pick a favorite British phrase - I'd be choosing between "t*ts up," "taking the piss," and "throwing his/her toys out the pram" ! !

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will DEFINITELY visit yo mama if I am ever in San Fran!

    ReplyDelete
  22. yeah... I can so NOT be bothered to run! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. haha love it. IRISH PRINCESS!! And Funyons are actually quite amazing (says my husband). We're from Australia so don't get them here, but when we were in the states he'd go through a bag quite easily. Yeuch.

    ReplyDelete
  24. So yum! I husband hates that I love funyuns, he is VERY anti-funyun.

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.