10 Reasons I'm Excited to Move to Scotland

24 Oct 2014

If you've been following along with the blog, you already know that James and I are moving to Scotland. Sooo, it only seems appropriate that when making such a move, I do the necessary research . . . obviouslyyy by scrolling through the most beautiful, edited and over-saturated photographs from my favorite travel inspiration site, Pinterest.

Without further ado, here is the beginning of my bucket list for our time in Scotch Country!

#1: Highland Coo's
Because petting a cow has never felt so good!

#2: Quaint Fishing Villages
Give me all the mussels and no one gets hurt.

#3: Edinburgh
I've heard so many great things about the Capital, I can't wait to see it for myself!

#4: Picturesque Landscapes
These (hiking) boots were made for walking...

#5: All of the Isles, but particularly the Isle of Skye
Two words: Fairy pools.

#6: The Highlands
Because Scotland isn't Scotland without the Highlands.

#7: Crazy Cliffs and Coastlines
damn.

#8: Loch Ness
Because seriously, how hilarious is this picture! (we're all catching the Nessie reference, right? okay, good.)

#9: The Potential for Northern Lights
.................................................................................................................................................... ssorry, my brain just exploded.

#10: Castles on Castles
Did you know that there is a record of something like 2000 castles in Scotland? Just to be clear, that number in includes castles, fortresses, private residences of Lords/nobles, ruins, and I also think dust—just as a precaution.

That's a lot of damn castles, and I am going to explore them all. Okay—so don't quote me on that, but I do want to see at least a few.


Photo Cred:

23 comments

  1. So many things to look forward to in Scotland! I can't believe there are that many castles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll come visit you so long as we can recreate that Nessie shot. k?

    ReplyDelete
  3. That photo you used for the title was one of the first things I ever pinned!! Talk about travel inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right?! I'm going to have to find that sucker!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could not believe the number of castles I saw while I was in Ireland, I can't even imagine what Scotland must be like! I am such a sucker for them, I wanted to stop and photograph each one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful country! Edinburgh is one of my most favourite cities in Europe I have visited.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's is a beautiful part of the United Kingdom. Just make sure you take your thermal undies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to visit. It's been on my list for a while now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL. I know, it's nearly impossible to go anywhere quickly when you want to stop all the time to take pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Damn those Pinterest pics lol!! But a wooly cow?! Ahhh I'm in love :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Is it unrealistic to ask for a a dramatic cliff as my backyard, housing many highland coos to watch the aurora borealis with me? x


    http://www.rotten-one.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh great reasons to get excited about moving to Scotland! The accent is another one, surely? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so excited for you to be moving to Scotland! I'm actually in the process to applying to business schools in Europe and a few are in Scotland...so maybe I'll be in your neck of the woods next year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. They do have amazing accents! I have trouble understanding them sometimes, but hopefully I get better! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME! I would love to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. ...Wait--have you seen/heard of the show, "Outlander"...If not, get on it--the first episode is still on YouTube, I think, and it shows Scotchland in all of its full splendor!!...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't, but I will look it up! You're the second person to mention it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. There are 300+ of those castles in Aberdeenshire alone! You're going to love living up here. We may be just an oil and gas town but we have everything on our doorsteps. It's the perfect location!

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.