Cliff Jumping in Santorini (with GIF's!!)

2 Oct 2014

Cliff jumping is BY FAR the most exhilarating thing I've ever done. I wouldn't say I'm an adrenaline junkie—because I've never gone skydiving or bungee jumping— but I'm never the one to turn down an opportunity for a good thrill, sooo basically cliff jumping was right up my allie alley.

I did some research on the best places to cliff jump prior to our Santorini holiday, so I was a bit disappointed when I didn't see a platform or designated cliff-jumping areas. Like, hello? How do I get up there?

After relaxing on the beach for a few hours, I noticed there were a few kids swimming over past the rocks and out of sight... Hummm, where are they going? Sure enough, they had found a small area on the rocks where you could pull yourself up, free climb and jump into the water.

Ding! Ding! Ding! That's my cue! 

James and I both made the jump twice, and let me tell you, it is not for the faint-hearted. I thought the second jump would be a piece of cake, but it wasn't. I still had the same butterflies and hesitations. Hitting the water (both times) made me feel strong, confident and very, very proud of myself! 

Scroll down for two GIF's and a bunch of action shots of James and I totally dominating the rock cliffs of Santorini.

#bangerang #boss

Click HERE to view the GIF in website form.

And now... JAMES' TURN!
Click HERE to view James' GIF in website form.

Ultimately, I think our cliff jumping experience was a success, and I think it's reasonable to say that there could be more jumping off of rocks in our future!

13 comments

  1. Oh gosh, I salute you for cliff jumping – TWICE even! I am absolutely afraid of heights. I wouldn't make that jump for 1,000 EUR. Looks like you guys had fun! xx

    Tee | Rotten One
    http://www.rotten-one.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realize the cliff jumping was right there on Perissa!!! I guess we were too far down the beach to notice :( Looks like fun!! I totally would have done it after a beer or two!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a lot of fun! Definitely something to add to the list of things to do when I visit Santorini. :) Visiting from the link-up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun I can't wait till I get an opportunity to go cliff jumping :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're brave! haha, even that distance scares me ;) Or maybe it's something about not knowing how deep or shallow the water is.
    Hoping I can find some beaches as well as cliffs when I go to Santorini next year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures! What an incredible experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like fun! Not sure if I'd actually do it, but maybe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks amazing! Although I might be too much of a chicken to ever do it! (And welcome to London - I know you've been here awhile now, but this is the first time i've found your blog :D ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww, come on! Live a little! JKJK! No, seriously, it was actually quite scary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you, thank you! I am just kinda getting back into the blogging game, so it was nice to meet you too!

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.