WEEK THREE

22 Oct 2013

Week three has been my favorite week thus far. Here’s why:

Reason #1: On Monday, October 14th I met my Aunt Julie and Cousin Cole in Central London to spend the day with them.  It was so nice to spend time with my family and get to talk about everything that has been going on (my aunt’s family has lived overseas for many years so they know the drill). While we were out, we got lunch at Five Guys (which is James’ favorite); god, it was sooo good! ‘MERICA!  We spent the day walking around Leicester Square and Convent Garden. I found a bunch of cute shops; one included a hat shop that I will definitely be revisiting called Laird London, perfect ball caps and fedoras. Right up my Alley.. Allie?

It was so nice to have the company; I felt so comfortable having them around, it almost felt as if I actually “belonged” here... We went back to the hotel for some down time before dinner and Julie and I were able to have some girl talk. Tea + Wine + Sweets= Lovely Conversation. Before we knew it, Cole was rounding us up for dinner and we were on our way to meet James at ‘Café Pacifico.’  Dinner was great but it went by too quickly and before I knew it we were saying our goodbyes… It was truly a perfect day and I hope to have many more in the future!

Reason #2: Tuesday, October 15th!  Tuesday, October 15th! Tuesday, October 15thThis was the day that I looked forward to since we have been here. INSTALL DAY!  Nothing could beat week three because week three was the week that I got TV, Internet and phone at the flat. With almost 3 weeks of reading and cleaning, I earned it. Luckily, the installation went on without a hitch and we are rolling in the deep (with wifi!) at Casa de Starnes. I am a very happy girl!

Reason #3: To snowball off of the overall greatness of the installation of our TV/Internet/Phone at our flat, this was the week I was able to talk to my sisters on the phone for the first time since we have been in London! We had so much to catch up on and it felt so good getting right back into the swing of things with them. My heart is full. xo
r r r
So, the rest of the week was pretty quiet for me. Yes, there might be a correlation between my lack of activity and the TV installation at the flat, but I just need to get my fill since I was missing out for almost 3 weeks!

Friday night, we decided to stay in Islington. Apparently, there is no way to go dinner without a reservation around 7:00. NO WAY; every place we walked into was at least a 30 minute to an hour wait.  Since I hadn't eaten at all that day; that was not working for me. We finally got our name on the list for 'Wahaca' which is a Mexican tapas restaurant. We ate at a different one last week, so I knew it was money.  After eating a table full of food I was finally satisfied.  

We headed over to York for a night cap and to our surprise, we got some GOOD NEWS! We might have a potential tenant for the house! YAY! That would be awesome because paying a mortgage for a house that you’re not living in sucks.

The rest of the weekend was devoted to lounging since the weather was pretty blah. James and I had a "date night" at the flat that consisted of a steak dinner and two movies from netflix. It was nice to just relax! Sunday, as always, was James' work catch-up day so I took the day to also get caught up on some cleaning...



Overall, it was a great week! Got some good company, got some TV, got some good food, got some good news… I’ll take it!

No comments

Post a Comment

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.