Attempting to take a family photo with a VERY BIG (AND SQUIRMY!!!) fur child // A Sequence

12 Jan 2015































#blesshisheart. He was a bit, panicked.

Fact. You can't make a 250 lbs English Mastiff do anything he doesn't want to do. And that includes facing the camera, sitting still and taking directions. #overrated.

I won't call this photoshoot a failure because ANYTIME we all spend together is a success, but even though we didn't get that ONE perfect holiday shot, we are left with this sequence. This sequence of chaos and confusion that so perfectly conveys our family dynamic.

-James, being calm and collected.
-Me, being annoying, per usual.
-And Winston, being really, really Winston. #blesss

Sir Winston, 

We might have seriously confused/scared the shit out of you while trying to capture your beautiful face on camera, but regardless, you are my Angel Boy, and you never cease to keep us laughing! I love you, you big lug!

Love, 
your birth mother

*BIG thanks to my sister, Leah for snapping a few of my boys, and LOTS more photos of Sir Winston and USA Holiday 2015 2014 to come!

Linked up with Travel Tuesday.

23 comments

  1. THIS. XOXO to Winston. (PS love the decor in this house)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless. Sweet boy. My lug is the same way....I bet you are missing that big face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe this is adorable! Is he your dog? What a big sweet guy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tabetha Lee Cerceo12 January 2015 at 14:19

    Perfection in the chaos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a love bug! And YES! My sister did an amazing job on her house! Perfection from top to bottom! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do! I hope he can come over if we stay for a while...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! That's my fur-baby! He is such an amazing animal, I miss him sooo much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. He might not be the brightest crayon in the box but he is #mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Abso-effing-lutely :) xx miss your face!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cutie pie, I bet you miss him so much that is a lot of adorableness to love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so adorable! I know exactly how you feel....although my American labrador retriever is only a whopping 40lbs, she will NEVER pose for family photos. It must be against their animal instincts, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dog is huge!!! I love all of these pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  13. He really is. After being gone for a year and seeing him for the first time, I was like, "damn, that dog is hugeee." LOL Such an angel though!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw! Thanks Ragan! Labs and Mastiffs are my favorite, but you're so right, it's against everything in their bones to take a photo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Okay this is hilarious! I love that no one even looks the slightest big annoyed...true dog lovers! I remember the days of attempting to get my dog to pose for photos too, for some reason he was terrified of the camera! Photos of him always looked like he had just gotten into BIG trouble...so sad and sulky! Is he back with you in Scotland?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a sweet dog!! Ours is much the same way. She rarely sits still for anything. I did manage to get this snap of her recently for Instagram. :o)

    http://instagram.com/p/wwqWB-weC9/?modal=true

    So many times in life it's the unscripted moments that are the best!

    V
    Life+1

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw it's the Sandlot dog! It's so huge, but so cute! Love the photo sequence!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whenever Winston gets nervous he puts all of his weight into the floor. ie: baths are nearly impossible... He hasn't made the trip over yet.. we are waiting for find out a few things first!

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMG! What a sweetie! Is she a German? I loooove German Sheppards!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Yeah she's a big 'ol softie! Yes, she's a German Shepherd. Make that 'shedder'! Fur everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are precious... I think you got at least a couple keepers! ;)

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.