Details from Château de Starnes

19 Jan 2015










For those of you who have asked, here is a sneak peak in to our new home in Scotland!

Moving into a fully-furnished house can be a daunting process—especially for those who have very specific taste in home decor—but in order to stay sane, you MUST focus on what you do like rather than what you don't like. 

Look at every property with open eyes and an open imagination. That's what I'm doing.

Even though I might not see eye-to-eye with the owner on décor, (why do the Scots love wallpaper so much?) this traditional granite house has great bones and some serious potential, and I'm excited to share the process of turning this rental property into our home. 

Here's to creating something truly Team Starnes-worthy! Happy Monday, everyone! xx

11 comments

  1. I would love to have a whole house to decorate, I think the little details of the place are the best part:) Loving the staircase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. The details are definitely the best part. I am kinda overwhelmed at the amount of space we have though... Plus decorating is so expensive, I have to be cost conscience, but I'm just trying to take it one day/one room at a time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I love what you've shown here....wallpaper and all! It looks like you will have a great time decorating to make it feel your own! I understand moving into a furnished place can seem to put up some barriers but I can't wait to see what additional charm you'll add! Congrats on the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it looks so enchanting!!! What gorgeous shots. Having just bought our own place, I'm sort of wishing we DID have a fully-furnished place ... Never before have I had to seriously consider the question of curtains and where to hang them and whether there should be an extra layer underneath ... not to mention toilet paper holders and the precise alignment of ceiling lamps to the wall ... oh boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so pretty...I love it Alex!!! Super cool wallpaper and great lighting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Yalanda! It will be a long process, but hopefully we can make some progress soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you! Yeah, I can just imagine how stressful it is... I get stressed just trying to figure out what to do with what we have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I KNOW! WHYYYYYY??! It's starting to grow on me, but it's definitely not how I would decorate...

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.