GONE TO CAROLINA IN MY MIND

8 Nov 2013

We are still acquiring different items for the flat. It's been more of a process than I initially thought it would be... I mean, seriously, we just got a microwave last week; who would have thought that two Americans could last without a microwave for 5 weeks, but hey, you adapt!

Along side of my microwave I also got a Crockpot, a mattress topper and a cheapy computer, but right now, I am just going to focus on my friend, the Crockpot. I knew that I had to get a slow cooker while living in London because the weather here just screams out for warm soups, stews, roasts and chili. I don't know if they actually eat "chili" here, but it's definitely a Fall/Winter staple in the Starnes' house, so we'll just throw that in!

When I unpacked the slow cooker, I immediately got a nostalgic feeling and I knew that I wanted to dedicate my first Crockpot meal to our old stomping ground, Good 'ol North Cackalacky! I love Eastern North Carolina Barbecue. I love everything about that hot, tangy, spicy vinegar sauce. I know I am a die-hard North Carolinian because I absolutely hate all other tomato-based barbecues. 

I've struggled to make NC BBQ in the past, so I researched a bunch of recipes and then took what I liked from each of them and overall I think it came out pretty accurate...
I'm typically not a huge fan of my own cooking, but I think it turned out great and I will definitely make this again!

nom nom

No comments

Post a Comment

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.