SEE: NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUM

7 Mar 2014

The Natural History Museum is located on Exhibition Road only a few minutes walk from the South Kensington tube station. The Natural History Museum is composed of four zones (red, orange, blue and green) and one Central Hall. The museum focuses on all aspects of natural history from natural forces, evolution, animals, fossils, biology and more... 

For more information about the Natural History Museum, check out their website at: 
I have now visited The Natural History Museum twice, and both times it was absolute chaos. The museum itself is absolutely stunning, (it's one of the largest, most beautiful buildings I have entered into in London) but the museum draws a very young crowd due to it's interactive, animated and colorful nature.

James and I went to the Natural History Museum on a Saturday afternoon back in Week Seventeen, but we left about 3/4th of the way through because we were so overwhelmed. It was Just. So. Crowded!  Kids were running rampant and screaming, strollers were blocking every entrance and exit-- it was a circus; it just wasn't what we had in mind. I just want to see the dinosaurs dammit!  Granted, we were silly to think that going to a popular museum on a Saturday was a good idea, but it was James' first weekend available and we wanted to do something touristy. Eh, you live you learn.
Guys! That is a Giant Sloth! Can you believe it?!
*I only edited pictures from the more mature and relaxing portion of the museum.

I was committed to finishing the museum. Like I've said before, I am particular about seeing every room before closing the book on a museum; I felt that I left in some type of limbo. I wanted to finish viewing the NHM in its entirety before writing this post, but I confess, it took me six whole weeks to get up the balls to go back and tackle that thing.

I decided to go back on a Thursday; surely it would be a more relaxing experience...
NOPE! 

Thursday's are for school field trips with ADHD elementary students, grandparents babysitting children with separation anxiety and non-English-speaking tourists that don't understand the sign that says "NO STROLLERS PAST THIS POINT." Lucky me!

You know that scene from Independence Day  with Will Smith where the scientist gets attacked by the alien and has him pressed up against the glass window?? Well, the president asks, "Can there be a peace between us?" And the alien says, "Peace... No Peace." 

Yeah, that's what should come to mind when thinking about visiting the Natural History Museum. If you don't know what I'm talking about you and Click Here: For the Independence Day Clip. 
Anywayzzzz-- I made my way through the Dinosaur and the Darwin exhibit and quickly fled the scene.

 Overall Experience: Be prepared for chaos! I wouldn't suggest this museum to people or couples without children. It wasn't anything like the peaceful experiences I had at the British Museum, V&A Museum, the Wallace Collection or Saatchi Gallery. Maybe one day I will return with children of my own, but until then, I will probably never step foot in that building again.

No comments

Post a Comment

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.