A Stroll Through Culpeper Community Garden

25 Apr 2014

We live across the street from the Culpeper Community Garden. There are always people in there working on their plots, or business people relaxing and eating their lunch amongst the hum of the bees and the chirping of birds—it's quite a serene place.

I decided to take a stroll through the garden and practice with my camera. My husband has a natural eye for photography, so I let him handle the DSLR while we were in Barcelona because I didn't want to risk ending up with crappy pictures. I kind of regret not taking the reigns since I had such a good time playing around with the camera in Brighton last week, but oh well, ya live, ya learn.

I have so much to learn about shooting with a DSLR camera and right now I am still only using the automatic, flower and landscape settings, but with every time I go out and wander about, I am getting more and more comfortable. 

I am using the Canon EOS 100D, which is the UK version of the Canon Rebel SL1. Does anyone have this camera? Any suggestions or tips? I would love to hear anything that can improve my photography skills!




















*linked up

2 comments

  1. Look at you with your slr! Great pics, Al! Have fun experimenting...let me know if you get stuck! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a great job! Also, don't forget that most folks (myself included) rely a lot on software (iPhoto, PicMonkey, Lightroom) to really make an image work. It's not cheating, it's cleaning. ;)

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.