Week Twenty-Nine

21 Apr 2014

I am always a sloth the week after traveling. James hates this about me, but I avoided a tongue lashing because he was very busy last week. No matter how hard I try to keep the flat in order while packing I always manage to destroy it at the last minute. We came back to a flat in disarray and I hate to say it, we are still living in a flat in disarray. (Eye-roll). I swear it's on my to-do list, but I just haven't been able to get motivated. I think I am in Barcelona withdrawal. I've been spoiled by sunny and warm weather and now I have no interest in what London's throwing my way. The weather here in London has been pretty dry, but still chilly. And mama is ready for some serious rays.

Wednesday morning I met up with Kristen and her parents at the West Hampstead train station and we set off to Brighton for the day. It was nice weather, but again, chilly. I think we all wish we had bundled a bit more. Brighton is a sweet, quaint town on the coast about an hour and a half south of London. Easy peasy. I really enjoyed spending time with Kristen and her parents walking in and out of the winding lane streets and down by the pier. Kristen's parents were super sweet. I secretly adopted them for the day, or at least that's the way I played it in my head... It definitely made me miss my parents since it's been over four months since I've gotten to see them in person. Hopefully, that will change pretty soon!
While I was on my little adventure in Brighton, James was on an adventure of his own accompanying his boss on a couple site visits around the UK.  To meet the schedule they hired a private plane. balla shot calla.
Friday, we met up with two of our Charlotte friends for a makeshift London Pub Crawl. We had pints in many of the oldest pubs in London. Luckily, all the oldest pubs are in the City of the London, so we weren't trekking all over Greater London... that would be annoying. It was really good catching up with the Williamses and hopefully we will be able to see them again in the future!
Saturday morning, we got breakfast at the Elk in the Woods and relaxed for most of the day until we met up with a bunch of our friends at Crazy Bear in Fitzrovia. It was pricey, but the sushi was awesome. We might not be heading back anytime soooooon, but it's definitely a nice date-night place. 
Overall it was an enjoyable week for us. I hope everyone had a Happy Easter and ate lots of candy!

Happy Monday! xx

2 comments

  1. Gorgeous little weekend you had there! I'd like: a. to stroll that bright green park in Brighton b. a liter or two of beer on your pub crawl (have you tried Oyster Stout yet? please do!) and c. half of the plate of sushi...
    That's all. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Y'all come down to London and we can recreate it all! How much fun would that be?! I don't know about Oyster Stout... I am a die-hard Guinness drinker... Is it like Guinness? I def try it out though! xx

      Delete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.