eat&drink: Flat Iron Steak

11 May 2014

Flat Iron Steak is one of our faaaaaaavorite restaurants in London. Its laidback and cozy atmosphere, not to mention their delicious steaks, keep Londoners coming back day after day, AAAAND that's even with their no reservation policy.  Yeah. They have something serious going on here!
Be prepared to wait to eat at Flat Iron. The first time we went we had an almost 2.5 hour wait and the second time we went we had a 45 minute wait. The good thing is, when you show up to put your name on the list, they will take your phone number and call you when your table is ready. Now you have time to explore Soho and grab a drink at one of the many pubs, clubs or restaurants in the area! No harm, no foul.

Flat Iron does have a small bar on the bottom floor of the restaurant that you can grab a drink and wait at, but it's super small, so you might have trouble finding a seat. I was able to snag a table in the back the first time we came, but trust me, it fills up quickly.

Flat Iron is a no fuss restaurant. You will most likely be seated next to strangers at a six-top picnic table, but don't worry, no one is listening to your conversation because everyone is too busy scarfing down their delicious steak and sides! The menu is hung above each table for everyone to see and there aren't that many options, so the response time by the wait staff is pretty quick. You can basically get your order placed within 10 minutes of sitting down and then your food is ready maybe 15 minutes after that... Bon appétit! 
Oh! Did I mention the complimentary popcorn they give you at the table? You rarely get complementary anything  in London (free chips and salsa? NO WAY!), so this is a REAL treat.

Obviously, the best part about Flat Iron Steak is the perfectly cooked medium rare steak. It. Is. Delightful. I rarely EVER get steak that is cooked to my taste. I usually I look to my husband to cook a steak properly, but ordering here I don't feel anxious AT ALL. They know what they're doing and I know that it will come out perfectly.

Within minutes, we go from this...

To this...

le sigh. It always disappears too fast. 

Andddd to top it off, Flat Iron's price is on point too! You and a date can easily walk out of Flat Iron Steak with a bill less than £40--that's a steak for each and a couple of sides. (Sorry, drinks extra.) That's nearly unheard of when ordering a beef dish in London!

Beef is fairly expensive in the UK, so Flat Iron is a great choice that won't break the bank. I would definitely recommend checking this place out if you are a beef-lover like me!

Happy eating! xx

2 comments

  1. I tried their AMAZING beef belly at Feast a few months ago and I've been meaning to visit since then - I've still not made it! One day soon!

    Caroline
    www.cocktailsandcaroline.com

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.