Travel Light | Rome, Italy

28 May 2014



Weather: High 75/ Low 57
Synopsis: Possible rain Saturday and Sunday. Need comfortable clothes and shoes for sightseeing, outfits that abide cathedral guidelines, and maybe a few options for dressier nights.







silk button down // leather dress // panama hat // baby doll dress // cropped trench (discontinued) // t-shirt dress // cropped top // black tee // actual maxi dress (in eggplant) or black maxi (similar) // sweater // jeans // leather shorts // trousers // sneakers // booties // sandals // sunglasses // camera // statement necklace (not similar in price) // black crossbody bag // any black pashmina // weekender bag (discontinued)

Our Rome itinerary isn't solidified yet, so instead of highlighting each outfit day by day, I'm just going to group outfits together depending on what we are doing. What I do know is that we will be facing rain Saturday and potentially Sunday, so we are going to want Friday to be a BIG day for sightseeing.

what i'm packing:
2 comfortable traveling outfits
4 days worth of sightseeing outfits
1 nice dinner outfit
2 "wherever the night takes us" outfits

We will mostly likely visit the Vatican during the first part of the day on Friday. Since the dress code within the Vatican is conservative, it will be easy for us to transition our sightseeing outfits into dinner outfits.

During our 4 day/3 night stay in Rome, we plan on eating at least one "fancier" restaurant (possible dress code) and then just playing the rest by ear. We are staying in the heart of the Trastevere, which is known for its nightlife, so I'm also packing a few extras that I usually wouldn't pack, just to make sure that I am ready for any situation!

We are flying RyanAir to Rome, so the size and weight of our bags are crucial. Not being able to go over 20 lbs is going to be a challenge, but luckily warmer weather means packing less/ lighter pieces. For this trip, I am mainly packing dresses and light trousers and shirts. I love wearing dresses because they make a complete outfit and they make getting ready in the morning a cinch.

All my heavier items will be worn on the plane (light jacket, booties, any jewelry, etc...), and obviouslyyyyyy I am packing a hat, which means I can save weight on unnecessary hair products. Hopefully, we won't have any issues with our luggage because getting fined practically half of your ticket price would suck!


Travel Outfit:



Sightseeing Outfits Part One:



Sightseeing Outfits Part Two:



"Nice" Dinner Outfit:



"Wherever the night takes us" Outfits:



Travel Outfit:


What do you like to pack when you holiday in Rome?

2 comments

  1. Oh those booties are super in here in rome right now! And I'm loving that necklace n

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! I've had those boots for years and am in desperate need of an upgrade, but they are my go-to's and so so so comfortable. cobble stones ain't got nothin' on my Madewell booties! :) Oh, and BTW, I don't own that necklace. It just looks similar to something I own. :)

      Delete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.