Diaries of an Unslept Woman | Things Irritating Me Now

16 May 2014


#1: The eternal backlog of pictures. I wish I had a better process, but I don't. I am so freaking backlogged with pictures it's not even funny. Blogging about Barcelona? Just thinking about it gives me hives. Not only do I have pictures on the camera, I have just as many on my iPhone. Can I just delete them? HELL NO! That's like blasphemy. They ALL must be dealt with accordingly. Oh and don't even get me started on iPhone pictures from London pre DSLR... Yeah, I spent two hours at Tate Modern a couple of months ago, but there's a good chance you'll never get any proof of it.

#2: Overthinkers and people who take themselves too seriously. Y'all. Come on. It. is. not. that. serious. Seriously.

#3: People on Instagram who direct you to their blog when you're just asking a simple question. I. HAAAAATE. THIS. Like seriously, dude. I don't care about your miserable blog, I just want to know where you got your skirt from. Be a decent human being and just tell me without scrounging for blog traffic. Delete. Delete. Unfollow.

#4: Seeing the same damn interior design trends over and over and over and over, etc. Does it irritate anyone else that every single person out there is decorating their home the exact same way? It's nearly impossible to create a unique living space without someone stealing your idea from Pinterest or Instagram. Okay, Okay. Let me give it a go. Youuu can'ttt liveee withouttt-- a funky Navajo, Persian, or cow hide rug, vintage bar cart (stocked with only the finest liquors), white walls, brass/gold accents, and fresh flowers, excuse me, peonies and/or succulents, EVERYWHERE! Wow, I never would have guessed! *just to be clear, these are all trends I enjoy as well! but still, it is irritating.

#5: Not sleeping. I started writing this post at.. eh.. 4:00 AM. Then I stopped to leave and take pictures of the sunrise around Islington and now I am back at 6:30 AM finishing up this post. sigh. I've been up all night. I would crush some ambien right now.

first picture of the day. vintage bug right outside my door.
#6: Cheating on my diet a day early. Sooooooo not worth it. Turns out sharing a bottle of wine with a friend on an empty stomach after nine days of being dry, means that you will wake up at 1:30 AM to a raging hangover and not be able to fall back asleep. Now I am eating cereal and blowing my diet to smithereens.
unhappy friday.


Daily Diaries with Diaries of an Essex Girl

9 comments

  1. Can I just say the picture with the vintage bug is amazing! Hope your weekend goes better and I totally agree with instagram and directing to their blog, simple question I just want the answer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh dear you do sound annoyed!! :) love the car pic
    www.thewanderlusthasgotme.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Visiting from the link-up. I totally agree on #3. I saw someone ask a food blogger where she got something that was in an instagram picture and she told them that it was tagged in the photo and listed on her blog. I was just like, it would have been less work for you to just respond and tell them where you got it, instead of writing all that. Your pictures in this post are lovely. :) I hope you get some sleep!

    I hope you get some

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, It's just super pretentious... I can't stand it.

      Delete
  4. Ugh the bar cats. I personally do not like this trend and also don't get it... Most people have no necessity for one! Right now we are decorating as we plan to move and it's driving me crazy trying to consider what trends I am ok to follow, haha. I just don't want a really generic looking space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! That's the problem! I don't want to be just another clone out there... I didn't have time to decorate my home before we left, but I'm thinking of taking on a Marrakech riad motif when I eventually have the opportunity to nest again! :)

      Delete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.