Week Thirty-Three

19 May 2014

I guess you can say that I've become somewhat of a homebody recently. Between dieting and an overall lack of effort to explore, I've been sticking pretty close to home. To be quite honest, it's been more relaxing to just play Londoner rather than tourist recently.

The weather was pretty good last week and even got up to amazing Saturday and Sunday. You get a whole new perspective of Londoners when the sun comes out. People come out of the woodworks to enjoy the sun!

I've been dieting and going to kickboxing which has been the main reason I've been MIA from friend activities this past week or so... I haven't mastered self-control yet, so I'm trying not to put myself in situations where I am going to be tempted to eat and drink things I'm not supposed to.

Which brings me to Thursday. . . 

I was seven days into the Dukan Diet and feeling pretty good about my 4-6 lbs weight loss (depending on the day.) The sun was shining, I just had a great walk with Oliver, I was feeling good. Maybeee a little tooooo good.

With very little persuasion, I decided to enjoy my cheat/celebration day one day early. (This is obviously the Team Starnes version of the Dukan Diet; you are DEFINITELY NOT supposed to cheat this early into the diet!) Kristen and I enjoyed a bottle of wine and caught up while James was at a work dinner. It was nice, it was necessary, it was delicious!

Well, to make a long story short. I woke up at 1:30 AM to a raging hangover (I guess that's what happens when you don't drink for nine days??) and I wasn't able to go back to sleep. The decision to cheat and drink on Thursday basically compromised my entire weekend because it threw off my sleep cycle, (as I ended up sleeping from 9:30 AM-2:30 PM Friday morning) and then like clockwork, I got sick Saturday morning.

By Saturday night, I had completely lost my voice and I was hacking up some seriously gross stuff. I have never felt so betrayed by wine in my entire life.

The weekend was low key. James, Kristen, Adam and I went to watch the FA Cup Saturday afternoon, and in an attempt not to get puked on by some very drunk Arsenal fans, Kristen and I left the pub to sit in the sun at Tinto, a local wine bar. 

Ali and Paul met up with us shortly after and Kristen and Adam went their separate way while we all stayed and had a relaxing dinner at Mem and Laz.

As you can imagine, my diet was shattered from the weekend. I still feel good about what changes I have made in my diet and exercise regime, and as long as I don't eat like I am on holiday every day, I should see some improvements. 

Sunday was the best weather we've had in London thus far. Kristen, James and I all went to the park and laid out for a bit to soak up a little sun. It was heavenly. My skin desperately needs some sun. I've been kinda struggling with it recently...

And now, it's Monday. It's currently 76 degrees outside (it was even warmer a couple of hours ago) and I am sitting on the bed in my office writing this post in my underwear. I don't know y'all, this no air conditioning thing could get a little funky. I'm sensitive to the heat now... what is it going to be like in a couple of months? eeeeeeeek.

Well, I've been running errands all day, just trying to get my head in the game for Team Cigary's arrival Friday morning! I. CAN. NOT. WAIT! It's gonna be amazinggggg!

Welp, that's about it! Here are a few pictures from last week!

happy monday!














No comments

Post a Comment

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.