WEEK FIFTEEN

13 Jan 2014

I finally pulled myself out of bed about Wednesday afternoon for girls night that evening. I'm so glad that I did because we were able to share all of our holiday war stories and the therapy was free.

Overall, since I've been back in London, I've been riding the line of borderline depressed. I was told by several people, one including my aunt, that it is hard to go home to your comfort zone, feel the love and then pack up and leave again. She told me to be prepared.

Having to do the whole saying goodbye process again was hard. It may have been even harder than before because this time I knew that we didn't have the comfort of a free ticket home anymore. Now, we might have to wait nine months to see Winston, family or friends again.

I almost wish we hadn't come home at all. The thought of wasting that feeling on just three measly months kinda makes me sick, but it was the best opportunity for us to take a longer trip home. So we took it.

Eh. You live; you learn.

James jumped back into work with a fury. Friday night was basicallyyy the first time I saw James all week. He's been working very hard.

I was left to try to acclimate myself and get our flat back into some type of working order... that is still a big TBD.

As I have mentioned before, I've been really struggling to get back into a sleep cycle. It's been miserable, but I think I am finally starting to get back on track.

Wednesday, I saw some girlfriends for the first time since being back. It was wonderful to catch up and start planning lunches and dinners. Meeting some amazing people over here has made such a HUGE difference in my stay.
This is how classy ladies do 'Girls Night'.
Thursday, I had dinner plans with some other ladies near Bond Street and I was urged to check out the Wallace Collection nearby. I quickly freshened up and headed over that way to explore the museum before dinner.
Check back for more pictures from the Wallace Collection later in the week!
We at at Comptior, a cheap Lebanese restaurant, drank wine and caught up. It is so important to find reasonable, everyday restaurants while living in London. It is so easy to spend a ton of money living here and especially since most all of the ladies I have met here are American expats, we have to try not to spend (and eat) like we are on holiday, every day!

 Friday, I met my friend Allison for lunch at the Borough Market, which is an easy, one tube stop past 'Bank' on the Northern line. We enjoyed meandering around and checking-out all the amazing food options, fresh breads, cheeses and meats, etc...
My Lunch: Salt Beef Sandwich with gherkins and spicy mustard
I spent the rest of the afternoon walking along the Thames River doing "touristy" things. I am determined to see this city in its entirety before October 2014.
James and I had dinner at an Italian restaurant called Strada on Upper Street and then had drinks at our go-to pub The Angelic.

Saturday morning, James went into work (as he always does), and I caught up on some blogging. It was gorgeous outside, so I moved my operation to a nearby pub for some change of scenery and some Vitamin D.
Lawd, it's taken me a long time to get back into the swing of things, but I have a bunch of posts that will be coming next week, so check back for updates!


**For certain blog posts, I am going back and adding a link to extra pictures. If you're interested in seeing more pictures from the British Museum, feel free to go back and see all the pictures that didn't make it on the blog. I am also working on a link to extra pictures for the Isabella Blow Fashion Galore! Exhibit post.

No comments

Post a Comment

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.