WEEK SEVENTEEN

27 Jan 2014

Let me preface this post by saying--

James was more available this week!

Since returning from our Christmas holiday in the States, work has been non-stop for James.  But, on Monday, he completed a major milestone and so I was able to see him at home between 6:30-7:30ish the majority of the week.
YAYYYYYYYY! 

Okay. (Straight-face.) Back to business.

I took a walkabout around Shoreditch on Tuesday.

The weather was really nice; bright blue skies, sun was shining. Since having lunch there the other week, I was excited to check out this cool new area just around the corner from us.

I decided this would be the opportune time to break in my new Madewell booties that I picked up in the States as a Christmas present for myself.
Shoreditch is such a cool area... and so close to Islington!  I can't wait to take James.
Here are a few teaser pics from the walkabout!
Even though the sun was out and shining, it was still a bit chilly. Maybe I should have bundled up a bit more because the next day I got a cold. Great.

The next two days were a bust. I don't handle colds very well. In fact, I'm quite pathetic and worthless. I felt very similar to when I got sick before our Christmas holiday... I wonder if it just went dormant?... Hummmmmm.
Because when you're just too lazy to keep going downstairs for drinks and the decision between coffee and tea is too exhausting, you just bring it all back to bed.
Due to that pesky cold, I am now behind on posting my recent happenings... Hopefully I will catch you up later this week!

On Friday, though, I finally pulled it together. This happened in part due to a stern command from my husband, and a strong combination of Mucinex and coffee. James was available and wanting to do something (a rare combination)... so I couldn't miss the opportunity. I got serious with the Mucinex and coffee and plugged away at the computer for a while.

James called to tell me that he would be able to leave at 5:00 PM-- FIVE O'CLOCK PEOPLE! I'm not sure that has EVER happened in our almost seven years together.

I've been waiting to try this steak and chips restaurant ever since I read about it on a fellow Londoner's blog. They don't do reservations, so we were anticipating a long wait. I made James bring home a bag of chips (or crisps for you Londoners) for a snack, and I also smuggled them in my clutch just in case.

We ate at Flat Iron in Soho. It was an A-MAZ-ING experience...

One which I will go into further detail at a later date.
James and I slept-in Saturday morning. We leisurely drank our coffee, got dressed, and had a quick lunch at Pizza Express before heading to the Natural History Museum.

I was really excited to go to the NHM because I wanted to see the dinosaurs! This was James' first available Saturday since Thanksgiving (no exaggeration), so I wanted it to be something worthwhile. I sold him on the idea, and we were both excited.

This would be our first London weekend museum experience.
This was, quite possibly, my last London weekend museum experience.

The museum was WAYYYYYY crowded. Completely unlike my other two peaceful, mid-week trips.
I had TOTALLYYYY misjudged the audience of this museum. It was basically a child's museum.
And I didn't realize (or have any reason to suspect) that you had to queue for the dinosaur exhibit. Needless to say, we didn't see the dino's that we were so excited about. Sad face.

I will go into more detail about our NHM experience at a later date, but here are a few pictures to document that James really did make it out!


After all that walking, we needed to rest, so we headed home to relax and have some Team Starnes time.  

And so, in true Team Starnes fashion, we let someone else do the cooking (Lebanese-- Yum!) and we made a pallet on the living room floor.

And Sunday, well, we are still just hangin' out on our pallet, watching TV and catching up on work... and other non-income-producing hobbies.   ;-)

2 comments

  1. You two are so beautiful together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading people discovering London for the first time... There will be some learning curves (when NEVER to visit a museum) and some accidental discoveries (mainly in East London) but it's all good fun! And YES. OMG. Flat Iron changed my life... although I could have done with bigger portion!! Next, try Pit Cue off Carnaby Street, AMAZING!
    girl v london

    ReplyDelete

© TEAM STARNES. Design: Maira Gall.